One of the best exercises for you, whether you’re trying to build muscle or lose weight.
However, it’s also one of the most difficult exercises to do properly.
What can do proper squats for you:
- Strengthen your legs, glutes, and many other muscles.
- Improve your lower body mobility.
- Keep your bones and joints healthy.
- Build muscle and get stronger.
- Lose weight and get ‘toned’.
- Look better naked ;)
- Get healthier and happier.
Squats are amazing, but they need to be done correctly for maximum effectiveness!
How to perform squats properly:
- Stand with your head facing forward and your chest held up and out.
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart or slightly wider.
- Extend your hands straight out in front of you to help keep your balance.
- Sit back and down like you’re sitting into an imaginary chair. Keep your head facing forward as your upper body bends forward a bit. Rather than allowing your back to round, let your lower back arch slightly as you descend.
- Lower down so your thighs are as parallel to the floor as possible, with your knees over your ankles. Press your weight back into your heels.
- Keep your body tight, and push through your heels to bring yourself back to the starting position.
What can do bad squats for you:
- Don’t activate the right muscles at the proper intensity.
- Put additional stress on ligaments and joints.
- Increase risk of injury.